Photobucket

Bikini Cupcakes From Cupcake Momma


Friday, August 17, 2007



See these quirky, sexy creations? They are done by Trish, owner of Cupcake Momma and ahem, dedicated to bikini-mad me. First a star from the hubby and now this. Woo-hoo! Thank you, Trish!

Trish and I have been friends for a good couple of years now. While we don't speak to each other regularly (enough), we both know we can count on each other for an honest opinion or a listening ear for the occasional gripe. Saying she's a wonderful baker is an understatement since she's the bees' knees when it comes to cupcakes in Singapore. She's a magician with sugar paste and frosting - you know, like Merlin and his spells. There is nothing she can't conjure up and no event she can't cater to. You name it, birthdays, weddings, corporate events.... even the odd Bruneian royalty order or two.

Aren't the cupcakes a scream? I had such a good laugh over it. Trish knows my penchant for the little two-piece thingies, having amassed something like forty odd sets. Most of them never get to touch the sea or pool water as they are embellished with crystals (mostly Swarovski - I know, I'm insane), beadwork, appliqúe or embroidery. I do buy some specifically for swimming of course and when on holiday, always bring at least two or three. And no, I don't mind the appreciative looks I get. After all, I did buy them because they were eye-catching or special in the first place. I just don't like being stared daggers. It's just rude. This also occurs when I'm fully clothed. I don't like it of course - who would, but I've learnt to live with it.

So, here's one last airing of the bikinis I got for this summer, just before the season ends:


This I could bear to swim with. *haha* I figured I could stitch the beads back on if they fell out.


Not this number though. I was afraid the hardware might have a reaction to the salt or chlorine. So they were strictly for lounging on deck chairs.

For a wrap, I have a black, frilly chiffon tunic. It's got three quarter sleeves and looks like a short dress, albeit a see-through one.

Sadly, they have to be put away for now but they'll see daylight next year. That is, if I don't come across something which catches my eye. Again.

And by the ways, do check out Cupcake Momma , and tell her the Dutchess sent you along, okay? *wink*

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:02 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment